Wellness is indisputably having an impact on culture, in addition to how we think about health. According to the Global Wellness Institute, the wellness industry has grown from a $3.7 trillion
Wellness is indisputably having an impact on culture, in addition to how we think about health. According to the Global Wellness Institute, the wellness industry has grown from a $3.7 trillion to a $4.2 trillion market (from 2015 to 2017). Leaders have made considerable strides in utilizing tech to enhance general wellbeing for consumers everywhere, with companies like Peloton, Headspace, and Care/of becoming household names. The wellness industry is booming – and it’s seen massive growth in the startup space.
The wellness landscape has been full of emerging opportunities, and we want to dive into a conversation about how to grow and thrive in this space. Join us on March 18th for a panel discussion on what it takes to build an authentic wellness brand and what it takes to launch and succeed in such a competitive market.
- Developing your wellness product
- Fundraising for your wellness startup
- Differentiating your product from the crowd
- Finding the right target market early on
- Building momentum
About the Speakers
- Ruslan Tovbulatov is a founding member and the Chief Marketing Officer at Thrive Global. In his role, Ruslan oversees growth, go-to-market, content strategy and insights for all of Thrive’s enterprise products while managing key partner relationships and product integrations. Ruslan joined Thrive following a storied career at Google, during which he led video product commercialization for YouTube, launched Google’s SMB media agency team, and co-founded the Google BrandLab, a state-of-the-art experience center and brand consultancy. In a span of 5 years, he scaled the BrandLab program to 6 centers across 4 continents, consulting over 225 global brands on their digital marketing strategies. Prior to Google, Ruslan oversaw consumer research at Kantar Retail for many of the world’s largest CPG manufacturers and retailers. He is also a 30 under 30-recognized creative, a native Russian speaker, and holds a B.A. in Government and Philosophy from Dartmouth College.
- Julie Sharmais Co-founder at meditation.live. She has more than a decade of experience spearheading accounting and operations teams, helping businesses to thrive efficiently at scale. Julie now owns a spot as a female founder and entrepreneur in the wellness industry. As a former Senior Business Analyst for the American Museum of Natural History and Charity Ambassador for xAd, Inc, Julie has managed international budgets and implemented company-wide giving back programs. After experiencing burnout in the corporate world, Julie decided to take a step back from the New York hustle to travel the world for a year to study meditation. Julie returned and utilized her corporate leadership skills and passion for meditation to co-found meditation.live, the wellness company that brings meditation to anyone, anywhere. Today, Julie is responsible for acquiring teachers, overseeing app content and overall company culture, finance and HR at meditation.live, helping the company pursue their goal of inspiring people to find their purpose.
- Toby Hervey is the CEO and Co-Founder of Bravely. Before co-founding Bravely, Toby was the VP of Operations and General Manager at health-tech startup Pager, where he oversaw the company’s growth from a small founding team to a staff of 60 full-time employees. He began his career at the Gilt Groupe, where we worked in strategy and business development for the menswear business and Gilt City during several years of hyper-growth. By 2017, Toby’s career experience—as a manager, an executive, and a gay man navigating the professional world—had given him a passion for building workplaces that empower everyone to do their best work and thrive. Inspired by a conversation with a friend about their work-life struggles, Toby turned that passion and experience in building tech-enabled service platforms into Bravely. He is also a Board Director and President Emeritus of Out in Tech, a nonprofit dedicated to uniting the LGBTQ+ community in the technology industry.
- Deepak Penesetti MD is Founder & CEO at Session Together, a way to get therapy without having a therapist. Session is a mental health platform that matches people anonymously with others in similar situations to have guided conversation over voice memo. Deepak is also Chair of Health Equity for the American Psychiatric Association and a Triple Board doctor — Pediatrician, Adult and Child Psychiatrist — from the Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City. Prior to Session, he founded Imagine Health, a CLIO winning production company for public health. He’s also served as an NIH, National Institute of Health, Pre-doctoral Research Fellow at New York University’s Child Study Center and his work has been published in leading scientific journals including JAMA, Cerebral Cortex, and the American Association of Medical Colleges. He’s the recipient of the 2016 United States SAMHSA, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Award where he now heads the Fellowship Selection Committee. He was appointed to the American Psychiatric Association’s Council for Communication and most recently to the Scientific Program Committee.
6:30 – 7:00: Drinks & Networking
7:00 – 8:15: Panel + Q&A
8:15 – 9:00: More Drinks & Networking
Stacklist hosts startup events in NYC to help entrepreneurs learn from successful founders & experts. Previous speakers have included the founders of Greenhouse, Movable Ink, x.ai, and Techstars. You can find all of our past events and speakers here!
If you have any questions, please email me at [email protected].
Thanks to Alley powered by Verizon for hosting our event. Alley powered by Verizon locations are developed by Verizon, the world’s leading technology company, in collaboration with Alley, a membership-only community workspace for creators. Each location is a curated community powered by the emerging technologies and thought-leadership of Verizon.
Audio transcripts, videos and photos will be taken at the event. As an attendee, you acknowledge that such recordings, videos and photos may be used for promotional or marketing purposes.
(Wednesday) 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm