Description The startup bug. If you're reading this, you probably have a case of it. There's a ton
The startup bug. If you’re reading this, you probably have a case of it. There’s a ton of hype around both working at startups and launching a startup. There’s excitement, risk, reward and the eschewing of the corporate path.
What’s the reality? And is it right for you? We’re getting together early employees and career experts to share their advice and experience about working for a startup.
After the panel, there will be a rapid-fire pitch session from hiring companies, and ample networking time where prospective hires can connect with some of NYC’s fastest growing startups!
You should attend if:
- You are graduating soon or early in your career
- You are interested in making a career transition
- You are exploring a job or career in startups
- You are hiring
Interested in pitching your company after the panel? Email [email protected]
About the panelists:
- Susan Zheng is the Co-founder and CEO of Planted, a NY startup that matches high-growth companies with junior, non-technical talent. Planted offers a community where young professionals can not just find a job but build careers at high-impact, meaningful jobs. Susan graduated from New York University with a Bachelor of Science focusing in Finance, International Business and Math. Starting her career in finance, Susan quickly worked her way to a position at Tough Mudder as a Senior Business Analyst, where she helped the company grow from 10 to 200 in just two years.
- Adrian Ryan was Employee #2 at General Assembly, where he went on to run outcomes programming for all bootcamps. From there, Adrian has started multiple organizations companies, and currently serves as Executive Director for Measured Politics, a PAC that fundraises for Democrats in red states & works with political scientists to publish research on the efficacy of our fundraising efforts.
- Bilyana Freye is the Co-founder & CEO of Hoppin, the world’s first job shadowing marketplace, where trying jobs is as fast and easy as booking a hotel room. After graduating from the London School of Economics, Bilyana had a diverse career: from investigating organized crime in Bulgaria to international finance in London and Hong Kong and now, technology in New York. She knows first hand you can’t possibly know if a job is right for you without experiencing it first and is on a mission to democratize the job discovery process.
- Michelle Suconick is the Head of Communications for Ro, the digital health clinic powering Roman, Rory and Zero. Now at 150 employees, Michelle was Ro’s first full-time hire where she leads communications strategy and media relations. Before joining Ro, she was a Director at ASTRSK PR, a boutique PR agency focused on high growth startups and films. At ASTRSK Michelle helped launch the Media and Innovations team, building buzz for Academy-Award winning films, beloved D2C brands, viral mobile games, and more. Throughout her career, she’s helped launch over 40 startups through thoughtful storytelling.
6:30 – 6:45 – Networking
6:45 – 7:20 – Panel
7:20 – 7:30 – Q&A
7:30 – 8:00 – Pitches
8:00 – 9:00 – Networking
(Monday) 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
119 West 24th Street, 2nd Floor