“Diversity and inclusion is no longer just a niche concern for HR, or just tech companies or just among women. It’s now front-page news. And it’s going global.” - Sarah
“Diversity and inclusion is no longer just a niche concern for HR, or just tech companies or just among women. It’s now front-page news. And it’s going global.” – Sarah Nahm, Co-founder & CEO of Lever
In a 2018 followup study by McKinsey, they reaffirmed that companies that prioritize diversity and inclusion perform better than more homogenous companies. Some quick stats from the report:
- Companies in the top quartile for ethnic diversity are 33% more likely to have above-average profitability
- Companies in the top quartile for gender diversity are 21% more likely to have above-average profitability
- The least diverse companies are 29% less likely to outperform in profitability
Beyond revenue numbers, startups that focus on diversity and inclusion will be able to build a culture where their employees will want to stay and perform their best, boosting their employee retention.
And while it makes business sense to be diverse and inclusive, many founders are prioritizing diversity and inclusion as personal values.
Practicing and implementing diversity & inclusion is difficult, especially in the early stages of a startup. How do you as a founder figure out how to ingrain diversity and inclusion in your culture from the very early days, and how do you make it authentic and meaningful for your team?
Join us on September 5th as we sit down with founders and people experts as we discuss what it takes to build a diverse and inclusive startup. We’ll discuss
- Creating an effective diversity recruiting strategy
- Finding and avoiding biases that could happen in the hiring process
- Building an inclusive environment
- Setting diversity goals and managing D&I performance
About the panelists
- Veracelle Vega, Chief People Officer at Resident
- David Daniels IV, Talent Acquisition at Blend
- Kellie Wagner, Founder & CEO of Collective
- Emilie Hsieh, Co-founder & CEO of Allie
(Thursday) 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm EDT
335 Madison Avenue