For many, fundraising is the hardest part of building a startup and navigating the fundraising process is daunting. You may find yourself wondering if the venture route is right for
For many, fundraising is the hardest part of building a startup and navigating the fundraising process is daunting. You may find yourself wondering if the venture route is right for you and your business, asking yourself questions like, how much money do I raise? What’s the best way to connect with the right investors? How do I close a round with multiple investors? And how can I strategically plan a future that makes sense for the business, as well as a new set of stakeholders?
If you’re fundraising (or considering VC), join us on March 25th at Betaworks Studios for our panel & pitch night! Learn if VC is the smartest option for you and how to secure early-stage funding.
- Considering whether the venture path is right for your startup=
- Valuing your company
- Deciding how much to raise
- Understanding common mistakes and pitfalls in fundraising
- Creating the right pitch
The panel will be followed by a pitch session where 3 founders will give a 4-minute pitch about their company and then receive feedback from our panelists. Want to pitch? Apply here.
Deadline to apply is March 16th.
About the Speakers
- Michael Brown is a Founder & Managing Partner at Bowery Capital. Prior to Bowery Capital, Brown was a Co-Founder and General Partner at AOL Ventures. Before AOL Ventures, Brown worked for the investment arm of Richard Branson’s Virgin Group. He began his career at Morgan Stanley as an equity research analyst. Outside of his professional life, Brown serves on the Board of Directors of the National Forest Foundation and the Columbia College Alumni Association. He holds a B.A. from Columbia University.
- Andrea Hippeau is Principal at Lerer Hippeau. She is on the investment team. Prior to joining Lerer Hippeau, she held management and business development roles at portfolio companies The Dodo and Bark & Co. Andrea worked in corporate development while at Advance Publications and managed client relationships for Thomson Reuters. After studying French and business management at Skidmore College, she went on to get her MBA from Columbia Business School. Andrea always starts her day with a home workout using her MIRROR.
6:30: Doors open
6:50 – 7:35: Panel
7:45 – 8:20: Pitches
8:20 – 9:00: Networking
Stacklist hosts startup events in NYC to help entrepreneurs learn from successful founders & experts. Previous speakers have included the founders of Greenhouse, Movable Ink, x.ai, and Techstars. You can find all of our past events and speakers here!
If you have any questions, please email me at [email protected].
Brex is the first corporate credit card for startups. They provide corporate cards with no personal guarantee, a founders-focused rewards program, limits that scale with your startup, and built-in expense management software.
Signup through the Stacklist landing page https://brex.com/stacklist for waived fees for life, $5,000 in AWS credits, 20% off your first year of Carta, and a free year of Segment’s early-stage plan.
For more information email [email protected].
Betaworks Studios is a new membership club for individuals looking to make a dent in the universe. Supported by innovative technology, this space is designed for connectivity within a curated community. Studios is your space to meet, scheme, get advice, collaborate, do a little bit of work, attend events, and host events. For 10 years betaworks has been working and networking—building companies, running accelerators, investing in talent—and now we’ve opened our doors. Find out more at betaworks-studios.com
Audio transcripts, videos and photos will be taken at the event. As an attendee, you acknowledge that such recordings, videos and photos may be used for promotional or marketing purposes.
(Wednesday) 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm