We are heavy users of Mixpanel. I like using it. Right now they are expanding their tool into other areas, and I don’t know how successful they are going to be. In certain areas they’re expanding, they’re not the best. But in the span of pure analytics, Mixpanel is the best by far.
Salesforce is not just a CRM; it’s a platform. The Salesforce ecosystem is so powerful; anything you think that is outside of CRM capabilities can be plugged into Salesforce very easily (dashboards, analytics, modules, etc.). There’s a lot of plug-&-play with Salesforce. I like that it’s very open and you can customize it whatever way you want. We chose Salesforce over other CRMs because our engineers can build our specific needs into Salesforce. There’s probably a better, more specific vendor for insurance CRMs, but they wouldn’t be as customizable or have the same ecosystem of tools Salesforce has. Salesforce is very expensive, so be careful about what you add on top of it.
Intercom is very, very powerful. We’re not using it to its full potential. We’re only probably using about 2-3% of all the features they’re using. I know other entrepreneurs are using Intercom for customer service and as a CRM, but we’re only using it for chat.
SendGrid is a good foundation for email marketing. But if you want a lot of automation, you should either use a different tool or build a lot of logic on top of SendGrid. We’ve built logic on top of it for our automation, like sending different timed emails based on different triggers.
We’re using MailChimp right now for our newsletters, but we’re building and looking into more comprehensive marketing automation platforms. We’re also evaluating different email marketing tools like Customer.io, Marketo, and HubSpot.
We are heavy users of Google Drive and Google Docs. We use Google Sheets for all in-house presentations. We make any customer facing presentations with Keynote.
We use Google Sheets for all in-house presentations. We make any customer facing presentations with Keynote.
We are very happy using Justworks for payroll and benefits. We knew about them for a few reasons: they’re based in NY, so that’s #1. Then, they’re also a bit in our category (insurance). We don’t offer the type of insurance they offer, and they don’t offer ours, but we’re both still in the insurance industry. CoverWallet and Justworks usually appear in the same press mentions about the inventions and tech in the insurance industry.
We use Typeform to get survey information for our product. It’s plugged into our CRM and a few other things via Zapier. People’s insurance needs are usually 90% general liability and property insurance. The other 10% is more ad-hoc insurance that we figure out via our online applications made with Typeform.
We use CoverWallet to manage our insurance policies and needs. We handle property, liability, workers comp, and any other insurances you need to operate your business. We don’t touch health, though. That’s HR-related. There’s a clear gap in the way small businesses are served by the insurance industry. If you’re a large company, your insurance company is giving you a lot of attention. Not so much if you’re smaller. We personalize insurance for our customers with dedicated advisors, and with our software.
I used Pivotal in a previous company, and I liked it, so we’re using it at CoverWallet too. Pivotal is good for smaller teams, and it’s better for development and projects related to engineering than other tools like Trello. Trello and Pivotal are similar tools, but Trello is better for more generic projects like business development and marketing.